Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Questions and Answers
 Harmony : Questions and Answers
Subject Topic: Q & A: Harmony CCTV Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>

Online Status: Online
Posted: 18 July 2011 at 6:40pm | IP Logged Quote 

Question:

Hi
What webcams will be compatible with this?
When i get the webcams do i just install the software onto my pc and plug the usb webcams into my pc as well?

please reply

thanks

Answer:

Hi,

The only two webcams I have tried are an old Logitech 'golf ball' webcam, and a Creative 'Vista' web cam. As far as I am aware, webcams usually come with their own software, as well as basic windows drivers that let other windows programs work with them - Harmony CCTV works with these drivers.
The two webcams I have tried and shown in the Ebay listing are indeed just plugged in to USB ports on the Harmony CCTV pc.

Please note:
1. Webcams are not likely to have a very high resolution compared to CCTV cameras.
2. The main strength of Harmony is with its home automation servers (not included with CCTV). These allow you control X10 and Bye Bye Standby automation equipment (as well as others) to turn items such as lights etc on and off. I use Bye Bye Standby to turn my cameras on when movement is detected.
3. Harmony CCTV does work with Win7, but at the moment prevents high resolutions being used. This will be sorted out in the near future.
Back to Top View 's Profile Search for other posts by 

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version