Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Bulbs
 Harmony : Bulbs
Subject Topic: Light switches with Low Energy Lamps Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
bikerlad26

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 09†December†2010 at 4:00pm | IP Logged Quote bikerlad26

Hey all

i have just moved house and am having to do my setup again but i really want to use low energy lamps dont need to them to dim i have loads of LW10U's

i was wondering what other people use with Low energy lamps or do i go back down the root of filament lamps

Thanks

Chris 
Back to Top View bikerlad26's Profile Search for other posts by bikerlad26

Online Status: Online
Posted: 09†December†2010 at 4:59pm | IP Logged Quote 

Hi Chris,

I have just fitted six cheap Ebay GU10 3W LED lights to my Mothers kitchen to replace the standard filament GU10's that continuously blow and take the power out (Not good for an 82 year old woman living on her own). I was surprised how bright they are. A smaller arc of illumination, but at £5 each they are well worth it. 300W to 18W in a matter of minutes

Do an Ebay search on item: 120657076537 and you will see the type I bought (And one of the present multiple offers).

I think 6W GU10 LED will be just right if they increase the arc a bit.

My kitchen and two of the bedrooms are kitted out with 12V MR16's, so I may be swapping them as well soon
Back to Top View 's Profile Search for other posts by 

bikerlad26

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 10†December†2010 at 9:03am | IP Logged Quote bikerlad26

Thanks for that Homer

the only prob is would have to change all the lights in the house as there are all pendents not sure if the other half would be up to the job of doing that.

The only other option i have come up with is to insert a BBSB in-ceiling switch in every pendant then in the switch connect the common and sw together to make it permanently live and put a BBSB switch on a blanking plate and use that

Chris
Back to Top View bikerlad26's Profile Search for other posts by bikerlad26

Online Status: Online
Posted: 10†December†2010 at 3:37pm | IP Logged Quote 

Hi Chris,

That would be so much easier with a BBS fitting built into the ceiling rose itself. Here's an earlier thread on the subject by one of our experienced senior members -   you !

Talisman's last idea in that thread might work - fewer expensive automation devices to add, but X10 rather than BBS. It would be worth checking that they don't need a neutral before doing that though !
Back to Top View 's Profile Search for other posts by 

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version